Adiant Solutions has announced U.S. availability of the Laipac S-911 bracelet, a GPS tracking device that features a few clever tricks. The bracelet is meant to keep the oldies with cognitive disorders under close surveillance, tracking their every step in real-time. In addition it features geo-fencing, which allows you to set a geographically defined area, and if the wearer walks outside these borders, the caregiver receives an immediate text, an e-mail and a phone call with the location of the bracelet. Caregivers can also speak to the wearer directly through the device (with automatic answering after three rings). And on top of a few more functions such as fall detection, it evens manages to function as a watch.
Feature list from the product page:
• GSM/GPRS Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz
• LCD Display for Time, Date, Speed and GPS Info
• AGPS for both outdoor & indoor Location
• Built in SPK and MIC
• 2 dial buttons on the side
• Micro USB port for configuration and power charging
• Geo-Fence setting with in/out alert
• Security band available
• Tamper Detection
• Data logger built in with thousands of waypoint to record time stamp, speed, position, and event state.
• 3 Axial Accelerometer to report impact, accident, crash, tamper intent and falling
• Real time dynamic position report based on time interval or distance travelled
• Mileage report and over-speed alert
• Phonebook & Fast dial feature
• Communication Encryption and Compression on air
Adiant primarily markets the device towards patients with cognitive disorders, but the Laipac bracelet offers a few more possibilities for use, including child protection, law enforcement, home arrest, parole monitoring and lone worker protection.
Press release: New GPS Tracking Bracelet Revolutionizes Healthcare Industry…
Product page: S-911 Bracelet Locator…