Wright Medical has announced full commercial launch of its FUSIONFLEX Demineralized Moldable Scaffold. The sponge-like material made from 100% allograft is designed for bone grafting applications mostly aimed at fusion procedures in the lower extremities.
From the product brochure:
FUSIONFLEX™ Moldable, Absorbent Scaffold is a unique sponge-like structure flexible enough to be compressed to fill a challenging space, and resilient enough to expand to original size without compromising strength.
Stored at room temperature, the FUSIONFLEX™ scaffold readily absorbs bone marrow aspirate (BMA) following hydration resulting in a composite graft that provides osteogenic capacity to aid in healing. Easily customized, simply cut the strip to the size and shape to fit specific surgical needs.
• Compressible and flexible, conforming to defects of any shape or size.
• Hydration capacity over 8x dry weight
• Can Be Mixed With Biologic Agents
• Bone Marrow Aspirate
• Synthetic Bone Morphogenic Proteins
• Platelet Rich Plasma
• Other bone-forming, biologic concentrations