Since its initial launch nearly two years ago, WebMD’s Medscape has become one of the most popular medical smartphone apps on the market. Hundreds of thousands of users are already using Medscape Mobile, and the company hopes to further extend the reach of its free app with today’s announcement of iPad and Android versions of Medscape, available now in the Apple App Store and Android market, respectively.
Some of the app’s features:
• Fast drug reference database for researching prescribing and safety information on over 8,000 brand-name, generic and over-the counter (OTC) drugs, including herbals and supplements.
• Powerful drug interaction checker that quickly identifies interactions for a combination of up to 30 drugs, herbals and/or supplements with detailed information from minor to contraindicated interactions.
• In-depth clinical reference and treatment guide with information on nearly 3,400 diseases and conditions, enhanced with 1000’s of images.
• Step by step instructions for more than 600 clinical procedures, many with video.
• Continually updated drug and clinical reference content via one-click, over-the-air updates, as well as off-line access to reference content, treatment guide and drug interaction checker for times when there is no Internet access.
• Daily professional medical news articles from Medscape Medical News across more than 30 specialties.
• Continuing Medical Education (CME) covering hundreds of topics across more than 30 specialty areas.
• Professional directories with search and email capabilities for more than 460,000 physicians, 6,000 hospitals and 57,000 pharmacies are available on the Android and iPhone applications.
Press release: WebMD Launches Medscape for iPad™ and Android™ Devices…
Product Page: Medscape Mobile from WebMD…
Flashbacks: Medscape Now Live on iPhone; Medscape Releases Mobile 2.0 App for iPhone