Syneron Medical out of Yokneam, Israel has received U.S. and Canadian approval for its CO2RE fractional CO2 resurfacing system, and is subsequently releasing the product to the North American market.
From the product page:
Perform fractional CO2 resurfacing, traditional ablation and minor dermal excisions with the unique ability to treat both superficial and deep skin layers simultaneously with precision-control over the intensity, pattern and depth of ablation.
It is optimal for Fitzpatrick skin types I-III, and is the obvious choice for skin rejuvenation and wrinkle reduction when practitioners and patients understand the treatment tradeoffs of superior, single-treatment results for elevated discomfort and downtime. Flexible and targeted, CO2RE technology makes this decision easier by delivering predictable and often dramatic results quickly and with less discomfort than some other systems.
The CO2RE system provides a total of seven different treatment modes including four fractional ablative treatment modes and pattern shapes, a traditional resurfacing mode, and two excision modes including defined shape and freehand modes for minor dermal excisions.
Digital SuperPulsed Laser:
* Delivers the complete matrix of ablative pulses with exceptional speed and precision
* Rapidly varies the laser energy for multilevel treatment capabilities
* High performance design for extreme reliability and long service life
High Precision Inboard Scanner:
* Digitally synchronized with the Laser Pulse Generator
* Changes the position and depth of injury hundreds of times per second
* Allows different parts of the same scan matrix to be placed at different depths