A week from today the Nobel committee will begin announcing this year’s prize winners, starting with Physiology or Medicine on Monday, Physics on Tuesday, and Chemistry on Wednesday. Although a spectator sport, we try to turn these prizes into a competition anyone can participate in by guessing this year’s winners. Simply leave a comment at the bottom of this post with the names of those you think should win for each category and you can win an 8GB iPod Nano. Guess all three and you get the latest, fully upgraded iPod Touch.
Rules of the game:
1. Anyone can enter by writing a comment to this post. Please make sure you leave your email address in the form so we can get in touch with you. Your entry will be invalid without a proper email.
2. Identify either the scientist(s) or discoveries in Medicine, and/or Physics and/or Chemistry, for your chance to win an iPod Nano.
3. If we have multiple people who guessed correctly, the winner in each category will be chosen randomly. The lucky person who guesses all three will automatically win.
4. If a winner lives outside the US, Canada, or EU, instead of sending the prize, we’ll transfer an equivalent amount of ca$h via a PayPal account.
5. Deadline for entries is Midnight Pacific Standard Time on Saturday Oct. 2, 2010 AD