Next Monday, the Nobel Foundation will announce the winner(s) of this year’s Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. In the following two days, two more Nobels will be revealed: in Physics and in Chemistry. Because of the success of last year’s inaugural Guess-A-Nobel Contest, we decided we’ll repeat this event annually until there is no more science worthy of the prize. This year we’re giving out three 8GB Apple iPod Touch devices to those who correctly guess in each of the three science categories. Because we profile a good deal of apps for the iPhone/Touch platform, we thought this might be a useful tool beside all the fun it can provide on the off time. Furthermore, if someone does manage to guess all three correctly, he or she will be getting the souped-up 64 GB version of the iPod device with all the trimmings.
Here are the rules of the game:
1. Anyone can enter by writing a comment to this post. Please make sure you leave your email address in the form so we can get in touch with you. Your entry will be invalid without a proper email.
2. Identify either the scientist(s) or discoveries in Medicine, and/or Physics and/or Chemistry, for your chance to win an iPod.
3. If we have multiple people who guessed correctly, the winner in each category will be chosen randomly. The lucky person who guesses all three will automatically win.
4. If a winner lives outside the US, Canada, or EU, instead of sending the prize, we’ll transfer an equivalent amount of ca$h via a PayPal account.
5. Deadline for entries is Midnight Pacific Standard Time on Saturday Oct. 3, 2009 AD