Starkey Laboratories (Eden Prairie, MN) is introducing a new series of hearing aids that promise higher fidelity and smart behavior in different audio situations. Featuring parallel multi-threading processors, the system can calculate specialized algorithms to a greater degree of precision, leading to better sound quality.
PureWave Feedback Eliminator, delivering broader bandwidth, faster processing and intelligent artifact elimination to ensure patients get the best possible performance in every listening environment. S Series models offer up to 25dB of added stable gain for the highest broadband gain margin in the industry.
– Acoustic Scene Analyzer (ASA) is Starkey’s newest integrated system for managing noise and preserving speech recognition that instantly classifies incoming signals based on unique acoustic characteristics. ASA seamlessly selects and implements the most appropriate algorithms individually or collectively, providing the best possible acoustic response at every moment in time. This results in the highest level of patient comfort and
clarity in noise, while emphasizing speech preservation.
– InVision Directionality is designed to perform best in highly complex backgrounds of noise. The industry-leading system boasts the highest DI scores and lowest operational noise floor, helping patients significantly increase their speech understanding in noise.
– AudioScape is Starkey’s new acoustic pattern recognition system that uses patented real-time environment detection and classification to adapt to any listening environment by seamlessly adjusting to a patient’s preferred settings. A channel-specific signal-tonoise ratio calculation ensures that speech is always given the priority.
– Automatic Telephone Solutions (ATS) automatically detects telephone usage and adjusts to the optimal acoustic frequency response for telephone listening.
– T2 (touch-tone) allows your patients to control their hearing aids using any cell or touchtone phone, avoiding the need to carry additional hardware. T2 discreetly and instantly classifies the touch-tone signal and automatically adjusts.
When fit open, S Series has the widest fitting range and usable high-frequency bandwidth of any open fit instrument in its class. The line also includes the new S Series AP (Absolute Power), a patientproven RIC that offers between 60 and 71dB of peak gain, making it the best performing and most powerful RIC on the market. Even patients with severe hearing loss can enjoy the discreet style, design and comfort of a RIC without sacrificing power and performance.