Patients on difficult health regimens have to track all sorts of characteristics about their life from medication intake, to exercise routines, to one’s daily diet. ZumeLife is a Los Altos, California company has built an iPhone based solution that promises fast and easy entry and tracking of all sorts of health related events.
From the launch announcement:
The Zume Life system has two components:
• The "Zuri" iPhone application that helps users remember to do various health-related activities and to record those activities
• A website that helps users and their caregivers to review on-going health patterns and the interrelationships amongst different activities, and to respond quickly to changes in health.
Tailored to the needs of each individual, the system provides support for:
• All medications (Rx, OTC, supplements, home remedies)
• Common biometrics (weight, blood pressure, blood glucose, temperature, peak flow, etc)
• Symptoms (anxiety, mood, pain, wheezing, etc.)
• Food journal and basic metrics (calories, carbs, and points)
• Exercise journal
Since January 2008, a prototype Zume Life system has been used by 200 people, ranging in age from pre-teen to those in their 70s and with dozens of different chronic conditions. Users noted significant improvements in their motivation and confidence in taking care of their own health, ability to stick to their health regimens, and overall health and sense of well-being.
Consumers can sign up for the service at www.zumelife.com. After a one-month free trial, the service is priced at $35 per month or $300 per year, plus $4.99 for the Zuri iPhone application.