Covidien has announced FDA approval of its latest pulse oximeter featuring an oxygen level alert system to help clinicians monitor unpredictable patients.
More about the device from the product page:
When weak or erratic pulse signals interfere with pulse oximetry readings, frustrated clinicians may try switching to another monitor or replacing the sensor, wasting time and money. The OxiMax N-600x pulse oximeter offers a better solution. It incorporates our latest Nellcor digital signal processing technology to deliver accurate, reliable SpO2 and pulse rate measurements even when low perfusion and signal interference are present.*
In addition, when used with OxiMax adhesive sensors–now featuring our LoSat™ expanded accuracy range down to 60% SpO2–the OxiMax N-600x pulse oximeter allows improved patient assessment at the more challenging lower saturation levels common in infants with congenital heart disease (CHD). There is no need to order and stock separate sensors or upgrade software/hardware to attain this clinical benefit.
The OxiMax pulse oximetry system creates a communication link between the sensor and monitor that empowers the N-600x pulse oximeter to display valuable information to caregivers. The Sensor Messages function provides troubleshooting tips for optimal sensor application, and Sensor Event Report allows alarm event history stored in the OxiMax sensor to travel with the patient for quick assessment at various points of care.
* Simple, intuitive operation and easy-to-see display with dimmer and contrast adjustment.
* Compatible with the complete family of OxiMax Pulse Oximetry Sensors.
* Three display options: plethysmographic waveform, large numerics and customizable real-time trend.
* On-screen quick guide provides instant help to assist caregivers with monitor operation.
* Convenient selection of adult or neonate alarm limits, and user-configurable power-on settings.
* User-selectable fast-averaging mode (2-3 seconds) to more precisely track rapidly changing saturations.
* On-screen viewing of 24-48 hours of SpO2 and pulse rate trends taken at 2-4 second intervals; printing capability.
* Variable pitch beep tone enables clinicians to hear changes in SpO2.
* Backup speaker with escalating alarm tones.
* Interfaces with certain multiparameter monitors; real-time patient information and true physiologic waveforms are displayed on host system.
* Works with the Oxinet® III remote respiratory monitoring system to provide an easy-to-use, cost-effective monitoring solution for the general care floor.
* 7-hour battery life with battery guage for convenient portability.
Press release: Covidien Receives FDA Clearance for the Nellcor(TM) OxiMax(TM) N-600x(TM) Pulse Oximeter with OxiMax SPD(TM) Alert
Product page: OxiMax® N-600x™ Pulse Oximeter