Intutive Surgical, the ultimate toy maker in the surgery market (at least by price), has just announced a new da Vinci robotic endoscopic system. The da Vinci® Si™ system sports high definition 3D video and an array of other gadgets that come with fashion and ownership value similar to a family Rolls Royce sedan.
* World’s only robotic surgical system with 3D HD vision
* Two separate HD optical channels that merge for highly accurate depth perception
* Lightweight camera head features buttons for focus control, automated scope setup and illuminator control directly form the camera head
* Integrated surgeon touchpad offers comprehensive control of video, audio and system settings
* Surgeon console features multiple ergonomic adjustments, allowing surgeons to customize four different parameters for added comfort during longer procedures
* An extensive array of wristed EndoWrist® instruments, available in 5mm and 8mm diameters, provides a wide selection of surgical tools for multiple specialties
* Fingertip controls allow for precise, dexterous control of the EndoWrist instruments and fingertip controls.
* Footswitch controls allow the surgeon to perform a multitude of tasks, such as swapping between different types of energy instruments
* A variety of time-saving features, such as one-step cable connectors, enable quick and efficient setup
* A motorized patient cart facilitates quick and controlled docking of the system to the patient
* TilePro™ multi-input display allows the surgeon and OR team to view 3D video of the operative field along with two additional video sources such as ultrasound and EKG
* Widescreen touchscreen for telestration capability
* Boom compatibility allows vision system components to be installed on a ceiling-mounted boom to conserve OR floor space
* Expandable system architecture allows for upgrades and compatibility with current and future OR technology.
* Enables two surgeons to collaborate during a procedure for da Vinci-enabled surgical assistance, or facilitate teaching
* Allows surgeons to exchange control of the instrument arms and endoscope
* Features built-in intercom to facilitate communication between surgeons while both are seated at consoles
Company video introducing the system:
Press release: Intuitive Surgical Announces New da Vinci(r) Si(tm) Surgical System…
Product page: da Vinci Si Surgical System…
Flashbacks: da Vinci Robot Surgery System ; da Vinci Robot Surgery System in Action