The FDA has given approval to Carestream Health (Rochester, New York) to market the firm’s DRX-1 digital X-ray detector. The cassette-sized wireless detector fits existing X-ray machines, converting the aging, tired devices into modern digital radiography units at low cost and little bother.
Features from the product page:
Wireless cassette-sized detector, ISO 4090
* Wireless standard 802.11 n
* Image size: 35 x 43 cm
* Maximum external dimensions: same as 35 x 43 cm cassette
* Weight: 8.5 lbs (3.9 kg)
* Pixel pitch: 139 m
* Power: On-board rechargeable battery or external battery charger
* Captures 70 to 90 images on a single charge
* Can be used with your standard grid
* Touch-screen interface
* Controls DR imaging functions—including HIS/RIS patient data access and image review and management.
* Accommodates up to three batteries for recharging
* Power: 90–264 V, 50–60 Hz, 75 W max
Optional power/communications tether
* Connects detector to the capture console for wired image transmission, or to the battery charger for trickle charging when the detector is used in a Bucky.
Product page: CARESTREAM DRX-1 System …
Press release: FDA Clears Innovative DRX-1 System From Carestream Health …