Boston Scientific received FDA approval to market the company’s paclitaxel eluting coronary stent, the TAXUS Liberté. Boston Sci believes that the physical shape of the stent provides better coverage and results in a more consistent deployment of the embedded drug.
From the product page:
The TAXUS® Liberté® Paclitaxel-Eluting Coronary Stent System is engineered specifically for consistent drug elution and impressive performance. Enhanced deliverability features allow access to the target lesion, because first you have to get there.
* Uniform stent geometry promotes even and consistent neointimal coverage
* Thin struts and enhanced stent delivery system improve deliverability
* Proven performance of paclitaxel supported by the rigor of theTAXUS clinical program
Unique Uniform Cell Geometry
* Supports even drug delivery and distribution
* Provides uniform vessel coverage for arterial support
* Reduces gaps in drug concentration loaded on the stent
And the obligatory stent placement animation:
Press release: Boston Scientific Announces FDA Approval of Second-Generation TAXUS® Liberte® Drug-Eluting Stent
Product page: TAXUS® Liberté® Paclitaxel-Eluting Coronary Stent System