Vapotherm, out of Stevensville, MD, just received approval from the FDA to market its Precision Flow™ gas delivery device, “the first high flow humidification system to integrate gas blending, flow control and humidification technology into one device for the optimal conditioning of nasal cannula inspired gases.”
Features from the product brochure:
PRECISION FLOW™ is a high flow heat and humidification device for the non-invasive delivery of inspired gas flows from 1 to 40 liters per minute. The technology delivers a perfect synchronization of flow, temperature, humidity and oxygen percentage without discomfort via nasal cannula.
PRECISION FLOW™ moves beyond conventional humidification, giving the clinician the ability to manage the key factors in gas conditioning to achieve desired outcomes.
PRECISION FLOW™ helps clinicians reach their goal to deliver the maximum respiratory assistance safely and comfortably. More invasive techniques can result in iatrogenic effects and increased costs.
• Precise measurement of temperature and flow
• Built-in oxygen blender and oxygen sensor
• Disposable patient circuit
• Battery backup
• Rapid set up and circuit priming
• Single button control for flow, oxygen percentage and temperature values
• Color–coded, uncluttered display for alarms and indicators
• Engineered for reliability and streamlined maintenance
Press release: VAPOTHERM® PRECISION FLOW™ RECEIVES FDA 510(k) CLEARANCE
Product page: Precision Flow
Precision Flow brochure (PDF)…