MEDRAD Inc.’s Continuum Wireless MR Infusion System, designed to allow the clinician to control patients’ medication infusion during MRI procedures from “both inside and outside the scan room”, has been 510(k)’ed by the FDA.
From the product page:
Now, you can continue scanning even when changes are needed in flow rate or bolus. You can also stop the infusion from outside the scan room. The bold, color, 12-inch touchscreen keeps control of infusion at your fingertips – comfortable, convenient and safer for the patient and you.
* Complete command and control from outside the scan room
* Consistent and reliable connection to infusion pump
* Let’s you work outside the scan room to reduce long-term exposure to noise and magnetic field
* Can be configured to operate 9 IV stands up to a total of 27 pumps
* Flow rate titration, programming, bolus delivery, and infusion stop capabilities
* initial programming at the pump for safe set-up
* Easy-to-follow screens to streamline throughput
Press release: MEDRAD Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for Wireless MR Infusion System
Product page: Continuum Wireless MR Infusion
Product brochure (.pdf)…