The press release from 360 Grader Produktdesign, a Norway-based design consultancy, says that its product, the PremaCare Incubator, has won the SolidWorks Design Contest award (SolidWorks Corporation is a maker of 3D CAD software.)
The PremaCare Neonatal Incubator is to be manufactured by Delphi Medical Systems (Troy, MI), which describes some of the features of the product:
Listed below are several of the improvements the PremaCare incubator will deliver:
* Temperature – A double-wall dome keeps the air flow warm at a steady temperature, keeping the baby warm even when access is needed and the doors are open.
* Air quality – An open conventional incubator exposes the patient to unfiltered air. A specially-designed filtering system ensures that air entering the incubator continues to be filtered even when the incubator doors are open.
* Noise – The incubator’s design place electrically and acoustically noisy components away from the infant to reduce noise and electromagnetic radiation.
* Ergonomics – This design raises the bar in ergonomics for incubators developing a patented five-door access system and providing 360 degrees of access to the infant and more convenient proximity overall. With components placed at the bottom, this incubator is more stable and can be set at different heights.
* Also, this new incubator design provides easy access to all components so they can be cleaned, repaired or replaced quickly and easily.
“Making newborns’ first crib more comfortable and safer is an especially satisfying venture. We look forward to finding the best channels to distribute these improved incubators around the world,” Sevrain said. [Christophe Sevrain, managing director of Delphi Medical Systems -ed.]