GE Healthcare is reporting an FDA approval of its advanced digital mammography system Senographe® Essential:
The new Senographe Essential will enhance the way clinicians can evaluate women for breast cancer, by enhancing image quality. With a 24 x 31 cm detector size, the Senographe Essential offers the largest active field of view in the industry. The foundation of the Senographe Essential imaging excellence is GE’s advanced digital detector, which at low doses delivers the industry’s highest Detective Quantum Efficiency (DQE) – the new standard for quantifying digital X-ray image quality.
The system boasts some cool specs (taken from GE’s info page):
The latest full-field digital mammography platform providing the best of GE’s technology on a large detector (24×31 cm)
– The latest platform for both current and future applications
– A large detector to accommodate all breasts shapes and sizes
– Top of the line image quality at an impressively low dose
– Streamlined workflow for faster throughput and increased first-time accuracy
– World-class renowned Seno Advantage review workstation with PACS connectivity
– Exclusive Rhodium track to increase contrast and visibility of lesions in dense or difficult breasts with optimized level of dose.
– AOP – GE’s exclusive Automatic Exposure Control – is the only system available today that measures and selects exposure parameters based on breast density measurements over the entire surface of the detector.
– GE’s exclusive image algorithms, Premium View and Fine View, improve both diagnostic image quality and reading speed.
– Flexible, off-centered ergonomic paddles and refined chest compression capabilities improve both patient comfort and image accuracy
– Unparalleled precision and intuitive operations enable faster, more efficient exams with fewer retakes
– Very short time between exposures allows several exposures per minute
– GE’s industry-leading Advantage Workstation platform is the most powerful image-visualization and analysis tool
– Ability to display and print multi-modality DICOM images (MRI, Ultrasound…) from our system or from any vendor system