CereTom™ by NeuroLogica Corp. (Danvers, MA), is a winner of the Medical Design Excellence Award in the radiological devices category this year. The company says that its system is the world’s first cordless and wireless head and neck mobile CT. The system can be used in on-the-go locations, such as bedside, ER, ICU and even in private offices. According to NeuroLogica, the CereTom™ Mobile CT is “optimized for scanning anatomy that can be imaged in the 25 cm field of view, primarily head and neck. It is capable of performing non contrast CT, CT angiography and CT Perfusion. The system generates up to 8 slices per revolution, using a Modular Multi-Row Detector (MMD).”
Systems components (see numbers in the picture):
1. Bore Sized to Accommodate Heads with Room for Masks, ICPs, Bandages, etc.
2. Scan Plane is Close to Outer Surface to Allow Scanning of the Neck.
3. Battery Compartment.
4. Patented “Centipede” Drive System Moves the CT Over the Patient.
5. Dual Stainless Steel Handles for Ergonomic Transport.
6. Easy to Use Color Touch Screen LCD, which is movable and tiltable.