The Global Care Quest system (GCQ) by Global Care Quest, Inc. has been installed at the UCLA Medical Center. The technology is “a mobile, wireless patient information retrieval system that gives physicians instant access from throughout the hospital and around the world to real-time patient data via wireless Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs) and cellular smart phones.” This informatics system has two main components:
1. The Clinical Dashboard presents data on “desktop, laptop, wall-mounted or ceiling-mounted monitors where clinicians need it-in the patient’s room, surgical suite, emergency department, physician office, home or remotely around the world.”
2. The ICIS Mobile (ICISM) presents data on any wireless enabled device or smart phone.
This is how the company pitches its product:
GCQ is a medical information technology developer and systems integrator that collects, integrates, aggregates and analyzes mission-critical clinical data, and makes it available to medical professionals on virtually any computing platform–desktop and Tablet PCs, wireless PDAs and smartphones, large-format wall-mounted flat panels, and paper print-outs.
Our solutions increase patient safety, improve physician mobility and workflow, and substantially reduce the time spent gathering patient information.
We offer unmatched expertise and automation of integrating our solution into ANY environment; complete integrated deployments are completed in less than 3 months.
ICIS: The most comprehensive mobile healthcare clinical solution available today.
* Intuitive display formats catering to the needs of medical professionals
* Customizable data dashboard for desktop computers in the hospital, office, or at home.
* Remote access and wireless mobility, on WiFi-connected PDAs and cellular-connected smartphones.
* A custom-configured DataWall for continuous simultaneous display of multiple data types on wall-mounted flap-panel displays in the OR, ICU & ER.
* Clinical workflow automation for hospital rounding and note-writing via automated patient-census lists, which include demographic information, diagnoses, latest laboratory results, and summaries of new radiology and other reports.
* Real-time connections to every vital signs monitor in an institution. No other application integrates real-time display of data from radiology and bedside monitors.
* Designed from the ground-up in a clinical environment, with intimate design and operational input from clinicians resulting in a solution that directly addresses the specific needs of medical professionals. “All the information you need, and none that you don’t.”
And you listened to those hospital administrators and turned off that darn cell phone! Now the same hospital administrators are capitalizing on the benefits of wireless technology. Take word from these medical gadgeteers: hospitals are going wireless fast–in data management and in patient monitoring.
More at Global Care Quest, Inc…
The GCQ architecture scheme…