Olympus Medical Systems has announced the official European launch of its proprietary high-resolution Endo Capsule system on October 24. We have reported about the Endo Capsule system, a 26mm long and 11mm in diameter endoscope, back in May.
Some additional info:
1. High resolution imaging based on technology evolved from our well-established endoscopy systems
a. Automatic Brightness Control
– Automatic Brightness Control, applied from conventional endoscope technology, adjusts illumination to maintain optimal imaging, even under the most demanding conditions.
b. Small body (diameter:11mm, length:26mm) equipped with sophisticated micromachine technology
– Sensitive, high resolution CCD technology provides clear and vivid imaging.
– A wide depth of field (0-20mm*) provides optimal observation.
– 6 white LED lights ensure a clear field of view.
– A built-in capsule antenna transmits two images per second to the recorder unit via the antenna. Recorded images can be obtained for approximately 8 hours.
2. World first real-time observation: promotes more reliable and productive examinations Real-time observation
– Before a patient swallows the capsule, a medical practitioner can check if the capsule is operating correctly.
– With the “Real Time Viewer” with display in hand, a physician can confirm a real time imaging recorded by the capsule endoscope and then estimate the capsule position in GI tract during the procedure