Young docs at Case Western Reserve Univerity (CWRU)/SVCH Internal Medicine Residency Program who maintain the Clinical Cases Blog, would like to bring to your attention the following free features in the online edition of the New England Journal of Medicine:
– RSS feed–not available from JAMA, Annals, Archives or Lancet
– Medical podcasts–in the form of interviews with study authors–check the right sidebar
– And most recently, starting last week, full-text articles available to listen online
The last feature is the most promising and I will discuss it in further detail.
It is a prototype of the so-called NEJM Audio and has two sections:
– Clinical Research Update–a summary of the current issue of NEJM
– Clinical Practice – a complete text article
These articles are available for online listening. If you have a Bluetooth-phone and a PDA, you can listen to them anywhere.